Friday, March 22, 2013

music: jake bugg

I have deep love for folk-like indie music. There's not a single Avett Brothers song I dislike. I also listen to KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic program a ton - I have had to drive a lot for work lately, and streaming their program is much better than listening to my same old music over and over. Their live sessions at the studio are almost always excellent (PS. Cold War Kids are live on today's show).

(I sound like an embarrassing mother, but seriously. what an adorable little boy.)

Jake Bugg was on KCRW's live show back in February, and it was seriously one of the best live sessions I've seen in a long time. He's an 18 year old British kid, but don't let his youth fool you. His music sounds like Bob Dylan, but Jake's voice is a different kind of unique. Seriously, I can't even do it justice - just listen / watch the live session here.

And if you have Spotify, Jake Bugg did a live session for them that is available for streaming. I find it far superior to his EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment