Monday, April 8, 2013

how to stop biting your nails

I'm 27 years old and I just stopped biting my nails in the past month. I know, I'm embarrassed that it went on this long, too. I've tried to stop biting my nails many times before, but it never lasted more than a day or so. The no-bite bitter nail formulas at the local drug store? They didn't even phase me. For some (weird) reason, the taste didn't bother me enough to deter me from biting. 

Until I found Bareille No Bite Pro Growth


This stuff is incredibly bitter and it really works. I tapped my fingernail on my lip absentmindedly and even that caused the bitter flavor to completely invade my mouth. This stuff does not mess around, and I highly recommend it for the most stubborn nail biters. The taste is so incredibly terrible that even raising my hand to my mouth would make me shudder in remembrance of the first (and only) time I tried to bite my nails with this stuff on.

After going two (TWO!) weeks without biting my nails, I rewarded myself with my first-ever manicure. The pretty nail polish helped me to continue not biting my nails. Once the polish started to chip, I started putting the Bareille stuff on again.

This is probably the most boring thing I have ever written, but I really can't express how grown up I feel now that I have abolished such a gross habit. My next goal: to figure out how to apply nail polish myself without the end result looking like I did it while completely hammered.

No comments:

Post a Comment