Monday, May 27, 2013

words on marriage

A dear friend gave me a card celebrating my first wedding anniversary, and I was touched by the wisdom and poignancy of his words. Though they are certainly directed at me, I think the perspective and advice is universal.

Your first year of marriage has almost passed and no doubt you both are reflecting on where the time went. Building a life together is done piece by piece, day by day, through the ups and downs. I'm so happy that you found your soulmate and such a wonderful one at that! Behind the sometimes "tough" exterior you put forth is a person who pours her heart and soul into what matters most: love and relationships. It's the greatest thing for me to hear your stories about you and Reed, and it reminds me of a simpler time in my life with [my wife]. Always keep the love and passion alive and support one another no matter what the cost. I truly believe there are big things in store for you both and a sweetness that is genuine...

No comments:

Post a Comment